Radio Television Hong Kong (RTHK) respects personal information and is committed to ensuring that all personal information is handled in accordance with the provisions of the Personal Data (Privacy) Ordinance.
We may collect and hold personal information from individuals for specific purposes, for example -
- from service providers, guests, performers for programme production,broadcasting, programme commissioning and related purposes;
- from participants of contests, competitions and activities that may be held from time to time;
- from users who register to use our Internet services, participate in our online activities or subscribe to our online news;
- from invited guests and members of the public for publicity and opinion collection purposes;
- from suppliers and service providers for procurement-related matters;
- from job-applicants and employees for recruitment and employment-related purposes.
Unless for the purpose it is collected, or permitted or required by law, we will not disclose personal information to third parties without the individual’s consent.
When personal information is collected in a particular context, a Personal Information Collection Statement will be given to state the purpose of the collection, the types of organizations to which the information may be disclosed, and the individual’s rights of access and correction of the information held by us, etc.
Requests for data access should be made on the Data Access Request Form, which can be downloaded from the homepage of the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
Personal Information Collection on RTHK ON INTERNET
- Every time when you log into rthk.hk, our network servers will automatically verify your domain name and IP address. rthk.hk will use the data for statistical and data analysis. rthk.hk will however not record any personal identifiable information from you if you are just visiting our website.
- rthk.hk collects personal information from you if you wish to be registered as myrthk user or if you wish to participate in our online activities. The personal information may include your name, email address and other information where appropriate.
- Provision of the personal information is voluntary but failure to provide the information may result in us being unable to provide the services you request.
- The personal information will only be used for the purpose it is collected and will be handled by our staff or persons authorized to handle it for the purpose.
- Unless permitted or required by law, rthk.hk will not disclose your personal information to any third parties without your prior consent.
- rthk.hk reserves the right to use the personal information you provided for statistical and data analysis, and the right to use and publish the results thus generated.Should the outcome of any such statistical and data analysis be published, it will not be made available in a form that identifies any of the data subjects.
- When you go through links in rthk.hk to non-RTHK websites, such act would mean that you have already left rthk.hk. Since these sites are not under the direct control of rthk.hk, we are not liable to or responsible for any security and data protection issues arising from any personal information you provided to these sites.
- rthk.hk reserves the right to verify the accuracy of any personal information you submitted.
- Every registered user of our online applications, such as myrthk, has his or her private password, and our system allows restricted access to the personal information using the authorized login only.
- rthk.hkwill protect all personal information in our system, but will not guarantee that the transmission of data is absolutely secured. If you discover any of your personal data being disclosed to a third party, please contact us immediately.
- You should not reveal your password to any third parties. rthk.hk is only responsible for protecting the passwords within our system. You should avoid saving your password in the computer hard disk, and you must close the browser window immediately after you have logged out, in order to prevent others from accessing your personal information.
- rthk.hk uses SSL protocol to encrypt personal data during network transmission to protect your personal information.
- For correction of personal information you have provided to us through online submission, you may login to the systems with your own authorized password, or contact email@example.com
- For ease of providing online customization features to you, rthk.hk online applications, such as myrthk, will store your pre-defined settings for your future access to the service.
- If you do not want to accept the 'cookies', you can change your browser's setting, but such act may affect your using some of the services at rthk.hk.
We will do our best to make sure that your privacy is under strict protection. However, given the nature of the Internet, no data transmission over it can be guaranteed to be absolutely secure.